First off let me say, I did not go to the show. I had tickets but there was a schedule conflict so I gave my tickets to my friend and colleague Broklin who does hair. She attended the show and this is where the information comes from.

Apparently my girl was quite disappointed at the lack of Hair and Beauty vendors at the event. There was only one makeup vendor and that was Cover girl. (the sponsor, so that makes sense). Hardly any Hair product vendors attended the show. There was however, Def Jam and a few other labels giving away all the free posters you could want and stand.

Even though Cover girl was the sponsor of the event there was no product giveaways from them. After you stood inline to be matched in the Queen Collection. You were to go downstairs and PURCHASE the makeup. There were a few demonstrations of the 30-minute blowouts a “panel discussion” and a Fantasy Hair Competition but that was it. Now after all of the “events” there was to be a concert featuring Trey Songs and F-a-b-o-l-o-u-s and the dream. Now, My girl Broklin was not and did not stay for that, she left and went to Macys across the street.

My 2 cents: Now I can understand this is the first “ Beauty expo” for Angie Martinez, so there will be some things that she can work on for the next one (they said “First Annual”, I assume there will be another). As a professional artist, I know my girl Broklin had some expectations. Look, when you say the word “expo” to Hair and Skin care professionals we have flashes of new product exclusives, discounts on merchandise and accessories, information on new technology and classes. This expo however seemed to be a big advertisement for the Queen Collection and a Concert with some little hair stuff in the middle. I mean, I still have yet to see pictures of everybody who was scheduled to be there (Eve? Keysha Cole? The Queen herself?) So the Angie Martinez Hair and Beauty Expo gets the “You triiieed it” of the week. Though, I am sure it will be better next time! Hey, it was the first one.

~Uche~



4 Comments:

  1. Ugochi said...
    hmmm...yeah i thought this might end up being a little suspect :-/

    i had high hopes for it, though...as you said, maybe next year!

    Beauty 365
    Beauty Every Day
    beautylogicblog said...
    I heard about this. It was advertised as being the biggest hair & beauty expo ever. They must have had amazing Pr.
    Anonymous said...
    glad i didn't go! just another dose of consumerism trying to imitate trade shows. (excuse me if that doesn't make sense, but u know what i mean)
    Uche W said...
    yeah, I know what you mean...

Post a Comment