Sometimes in conversation, I get asked the “do you use M.A.C.?" question. I answer the question with actually NO, *gasp* not really*double gasp* In all honesty I couldn’t tell you the last time I bought (gift certificates not included) the brand. I guess, to put it gently, I'm over it and have been for a min. Not to mention reading Kevin'sviews really helped with my decision in no longer purchasing the products as I am one of those artist affected by the Estee Lauder quest for Cosmetic world domination.

I feel like the product is different anyway, compared to how it was when I first purchased products few few years ago. Even the last product I bought thanks to a gift certificate, left me quite disappointed and to add insult to injury, the customer service at the store I went to left a lot to be desired. (Hey customer service is important to me, my money or not). First off, that “I work for the greatest makeup company in the world” attitude some of the people have that work there is overrated and can be off putting. I mean, the artist/sales person whose make up application made her look like a drag queen made me feel like I was bothering her even though she's is at work hmph go figure. Who wants to be treated like that? Especially by someone with enough make up on for Too Wong Fu 2 My dollars are hard earned baby…and if you make my experience spending them unpleasant…you won’t get a dime of my money.

So with all of the Cosmetic giant buy outs, industry boundary stepping (read Kevin J Bennetts Blog) and the poor customer service being received, the real answer is I wont use that product. That boat has long left my kit, besides there is so many other professional quality Makeup Artist Focused Products out there...Why would I even bother with that other stuff?

~Uche~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment