So, I am still working on the film I mentioned in a previous post for this Production company. We had a few days off for the holiday break to re-group, as that was needed given some of the mishaps that were occurring on set. Now, I had been debating with myself about telling ya’ll about my fit of rage on set. You know cause I thought that I shouldn’t share it because of how, if viewed by the wrong person, I could be perceived as unprofessional and you know...um…crazy. Then I realized some of you already know that I am just little on the crazy side. (ok a lot)

Anyway, It was a night shoot on location in a random intersection in New Jersey. One of those nights that is was really cold. Everything was going ok, I was chilling in the then Assistant Directors Van cause that’s where it was warm and where I could do makeup on the actors without my fingers going numb. I noticed that my bladder needed to be relieved and the closest bathroom was 3 blocks away so I did what came naturally.

Me: Hey, I need to go to the bathroom, okay so when you get a chance can you take me?

AD: well I am waiting to find out if I need to pick up someone or if blah blah blah but yeah, I'll take ya'

Me: (pleasantly) okay

About an hour and a half later

Me: Hey, I need to go to the bathroom

AD: I don’t know what to tell ya; I got the actors in the van now…staying warm. I'm still waiting to find out what I need to do I don’t know… I don’t know…blah blah blah

I walk away

Me: (to a few other guys on set) I really need to go to the bathroom

Them: yeah…I just went out there (points in the direction of trees and bushes and fence)

Me: oh yeah…well I’m a girl…and you know...that don’t really work for me.

Here’s were it got ugly.

Me: (2 AD). Look I need to go to the bathroom

AD: I don’t know…what to…

Me (Screaming) THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS, I ‘LL BE DAMNED IF I AM GOING TO USE THE BATHROOM IN SOME FUCKING BUSHES ON THIS SET.

(Slams van door) I DON’T GIVE A DAMN WHO, BUT SOMEBODY NEEDS TO TAKE ME TO THE FUCKING BATHROOM.

It was quiet on set like never before, the DIRECTOR of the FILM took me to the bathroom, not a good look on the A.D.’s part but he thought he was doing what he was suppose to or something like that. I don’t know, he quit before the end of the night. (I said a few mishaps)

After the incident of me losing it, I couldn’t stop laughing at myself, which made me look even crazier. Whatever…I had to go! and there...what not to do on set...unless you have to.

~Uche~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment