So Barbie does Italian Vogue. THE BLACK ISSUE!


PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket


The dolls featured are from the soon to be released So In Style collection. The So InStyle design features more african amercian inspired features. Nevermind these previous offenders below, whose attempts at represention seem to have fell short of the mark for one reason or another.
Is it just me or do you find it odd that in 2009 are still looking for the right representation of barbie for us? I mean really? It probably doesnt deserve that much thought but barbie was my first source of inspiration (I owned Shani and Nichelle dolls).
I guess i just hate the whole closer represention idea. I mean there are so many shade of us, how can any 1 or 3 dolls be a closer representation?
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thanks to Kattis dolls for the photos of the old barbies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment